Friday, 17 October 2014

Otaku Corner #01 - Arisa | Eden No Ori | Another

Hello!!!

Here is my first post for this series!~
Thank You!! ♡♡♡ Thank you, you lovely sweethearts ♡ for leaving me positive comments on the intro post for this series! I was a little worried that none of my readers were into manga/anime and would be uninterested and would ditch me and my blog (..ノω \)

I'll be sharing with you guys, my thoughts and recommendations on a few Manga!
I'll try my best not to give any spoilers (≧ω≦)

hehe thank you ♡


1. Arisa by Natsumi Ando
Genre - Drama, Romance, Mystery, School Life, Shoujo, Psychological
Chapters - 44 Status - Completed
For years the rash tomboyish Tsubasa has communicated with her twin through letter. She had formed the idea that the gentle Arisa led a joyful school life, but upon Arisa's sudden suicide attempt, Tsubasa vows to find the reason behind her twin's actions by taking her place at school, but will this supposed joyful life be too much for Tsubasa to handle? What does it have to do with the people disappearing from Arisa's school...



I fell in love with the whole storyline of this manga. I was first caught by the drawing style, which I am very much in love with~ I love the works of Natsumi Ando (◠‿◠✿), but it was the constant mystery and drama that kept me reading.
I honestly cannot believe that I, myself, waited at least 1 year for an update of this manga [translated into English], otherwise I reckon, I would have been able to finish this Manga with in 2 days!
The storyline is really interesting as it is filled with mystery, drama and just a little hint of romance.
I felt that Natsumi Ando really brought out the foreshadowing events and suspense to this Manga nicely. 
I 110% loved the main character! She wasn't the annoying, weak and helpless type of protagonist, but rather a strong-minded, physically strong and smart character. As well as the main character, I also felt that the supporting characters were pictured/presented/characterised really well. Natsumi Ando was able to bring out their emotions and this own backstories well, while keeping the suspense and storyline interesting, intense and capturing.
This is definitely one of my all time favourite Manga (I've read n re-read it at least 3 times!!I could still read it over and over again seriously!!)and I would strongly recommend you to try reading it! I'm just hoping that they will consider making an anime for this!


2. Eden No Ori (Cage Of Eden) by Yoshinobu Yamada
Genre - Action, Drama, Fantasy, Romance, Shounen, Mystery, Ecchi, Psychoological, Horror
Chapters - 196 Status - Completed
Akira and his classmates are travelling on a plane when it crashes onto an island inhabited by species thought to have been extinct. The situation becomes increasingly desperate as some of Akira's classmates are eaten alive, while some kill others in desperation. Now Akira and a few other survivors are trying to survive what seems to be a horrible nightmare.



At first I was a little hesitant at reading this manga because it was a different drawing style to what I was used to reading and one of it's genres that was listed was "ecchi". BUT I REGRET NOTHING!
This manga was entirely captivating! It's constant mystery kept me wanting to read more, I think I managed to finish this manga within a week. I would seriously urge you not to be put off by the genre listing of "ecchi", because, if I can remember correctly, this manga had NO yucky type of obscene scenes, it only had the occasional [I emphasise occasional], swim-suit-type of scene in it. 
The storyline was really good and captivating, as the ending to the whole mystery was, in my opinion, totally unpredictable, as in you wouldn't have guessed it at all. I've read that many people were a little disappointed with the ending to the manga, but I was fairly content with it.
Expect creatures/monsters and lots of drama and a whole lot of mystery~
Altough the manga has some violence and horror to it, it did not contain any gore/obscene type of scenes.
I would totally recommend you to read this if you are looking for a drama, action, mystery manga! 


3. Another by Kadokawa Shoten
Genre - Drama, Mystery, School Life, Seinen, Horror
Chapters - 21 Status - Completed
26 years ago, in a third-year classroom of a middle school, there was a student names Misaki. As an honors student who was also good at spots, the charming girl was popular with her classmates. When she suddenly died, her classmates decided to carry on as if she was still alive until graduation. Then, in the spring of 1998, a boy names Kouichi Sakakibara transfers to that classroom, and he grows suspicious of the fearful atmosphere in that classroom. In particular, there is a beautiful, aloof girl named Misaki Mei who wears and eyepatch and is always alone drawing pictures.


"Another" is actually one of the first actual "horror" type of manga I've read. It is fairly reasonable in length and a little creepy, but overall thrilling and exciting to read. I found the story line of the manga to be a little slow at first, but it was filled with suspense, mystery and lots of *quite* gruesome horror. I found it quite scary to read at night...ahaha...but I got over it. The scenes of the manga are quite intense and at times horrifying. 
I read the manga first, then I found out there was an anime of it. If you're a scaredy-cat like me, I would suggest you read the manga first before watching the anime! because you would at least know what is going to happen. The anime version of this manga is quite good. It captured the whole horror and intense atmosphere, but some scenes were a little frightening.
I would admit to scaring myself to sleep from reading this, and now having a slight phobia is the pointy top part of umbrellas now, because of this manga/anime....
If you're looking for a thrill, mystery and horror manga/anime, I would suggest you try this manga out.

And that's the end of my first Otaku Corner post!
I hope you enjoyed reading my little takes on these mangas~
Let me know! Have you read any of these? what do you think about these mangas?
hehehe I think I might re-read Arisa tonight~ I think the last time I read it was in the end-of-year-holidays~

xx Charrmyn

16 comments:

  1. I love this post! The Cage of Eden sounds really interesting~ *u* I loved Another, too ;A; The whole plot is so captivating and I love the characters.
    ~Kiyomi <3
    kokorosasa.blogspot..com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I found it slow to start, but yes! Another is really good!!~
      Thank you for reading Kiyomi! I'm glad you enjoyed this post :D
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  2. Oooh they all look very interesting ^.^ I've been meaning to watch Another- maybe I'll check out the manga first c:
    Thanks for the recommendations! ^_^
    http://redsakurabeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Sakura! ahaha unless u get scared easily, like me ><, go for it and try watching Another without reading the Manga first!! XD
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  3. All of these mangas sound great! They are definitely going on my to read list! I'm most interested in Arisa and Another. I'm really looking forward to your next post! Thank you for the recs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nyxie! I'm glad you liked this post! (◕‿◕✿)
      let me know what you think of the manga!
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed another was a good manga for me now after read your post I want read Arisa sounds interesting.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arisa is super good!! read it slowly and enjoy the mystery! (ღ ˘ ⌣ ˘ ღ)
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  5. Yes I loved Arisa!!! :) I was always suspicious of Arisa's boyfriend... he was just too nice! Haha

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really?! ahaha I half suspected him, but I really LOVE Manabe ♡♡♡
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  6. I watched the anime series of Another with my best friend and it was pretty gruesome watching the last few parts and everyone trying to kill each other. But I actually kinda liked it..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol dw!! I found it so interesting and intriguing!
      the last few episodes were pretty gruesome, but ahah I agree with you!! \ (☆ o ◎) /
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  7. Out of the lot I love ANOTHER!! I love the novel it's so good ^_____^/

    恵美より ♥
    www.emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yesss!!! hehe I was so happy the the anime ver. was a disappointment at all! ╮( ̄▽ ̄)╭
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  8. AWWWW YEAHHHH CHARMAINE WOOO
    OKAYOKAY IM GOING TO WATCH ANOTHER BECAUSE I'M IN THE MOOD TO BE SCARED HAHAHAHAHHA <3

    -LINDALINDALINDA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU LINDAA~~~
      GO GO GO!!!! WATCH IT RINDA REEEEEE~~~
      - CHARRMYNCHARMAINECHARRMYN

      Delete

Leave me a comment!~
I read them all ヽ(* ≧ ω ≦)ノ