Sunday, 25 January 2015

Otaku Corner #02 - Nisekoi | Last Game | Hirunaka No Ryuusei

Hihi!


I present you the first Otaku Corner post of 2015!!!~~
I love all three of these mangas very much and I will admit that two of these really pulled my heart stings and got me emotionally attached to the whole storyline + characters (˘˘)

One of these Mangas' was actually recommended to my by a friend who also shares my love for reading Manga!!! 
hehe I found out that she actually used to do some scanlations/translations [how cool it that!! (╹っ╹๑)]

random note : I got a hair cut again, so now my hair has gone from super long to just longer than shoulder length ///// my hair kinda looks like this now~





1. Nisekoi (False Love) by Naoshi Komi
Genre - Action, Comedy, Romance, Shounen
Chapters - 155 Status - On Going
Raku Ichijou is an average high school student. He also happens to be the sole heir to the head of a Yakuza Family called the Shuei-gumi. Ten years ago, Raku made a promise... a secret promise with a girl he met. They promised one another that they will "get married when they reunite." Since then, Raku never let go of the pendant the girl gave him.
Then one day, a beautiful girl named Chitoge Kirisaki transfers into Raku's class. Their chemistry was more than off. There was not a moment where they were not fighting. But by a weird turn of events, Raku and Chitoge agree to become fake lovers. Although his heart is really interested in his classmate Kosaki Onodera, Raku must continue pretending to be Chitoge's boyfriend.


I randomly came across this Manga and thought "why not try it? The art seems good~" ---after that I was hooked. ( ̄▽ ̄)╭ This is super cute and the story is full of humour and action
[ lol until today I thought Nisekoi was just a super cute title and now I discover it means "false love"...*face palm* everything just made even more sense now---]
At one point, this manga was being updated (eng trans) around once a week, so it was my weekly source of happiness~
The characters in the story are all pretty diverse. As they are introduced they all gradually become of equal importance (you will love them all!!) and their personalities/characteristics are pretty cute and will make you be like "ah ha!! so he/she is this type of person in the story"
The characters range from that stereotypical male protagonist who is clever, good-looking and polite,  to the tsundere bodyguard to the teasing, "idiot" best friend + much more!
Definitely try this Manga out if you want some action, humour/comedy and fun!


2. Last Game by Amano Shinobu
Genre - Comedy, Drama, Romance, School Life, Shoujo
Chapters - 40 Status - On Going
He's rich, he's smart, girls gather around him all the time, and he has always gotten first place on his exams... well, until Kujou transferred in his primary school class. She was quiet, plain, and poor, yet not once has she failed at beating Yanagi, both in academics and sports! Yanagi has made it his life goal to defeat this girl, Kujou, and ten years later, as they enter high school, he just might finally win! This is the story of their last game.



Last Game is a heart warming shoujo-romance manga of a boy who falls in love with a naive, sweet girl. I do admit that this story is a little slow, but it isn't the "ughhh!! can I punch someone" type of slow, but just a little, but very much bearable slow.
You may/will find yourself "awww-ing" at one moment and hitting yourself the next! (≧‿≦) Due to the main girls' character initially being rather "bad with communication" and a little oblivious with her own/others feelings, I found her to be quite adorable. The main male character is very sweet~ He is quite humble and caring. 
*hint hint* I absolutely love the love rival character as well ( ˘ ˘
So if you're looking to read something easy paced, simple and sweet with (of course) cute shoujo styled drawings, try out Last Game.


3. Hirunaka No Ryuusei (Daytime Shooting Star) by Yamamori Mika
Genre - Comedy, Drama, Romance, School Life, Shoujo, Slice Of Life
Chapters - 85 Status - Completed
15-year-old country girl, Suzume Yosano, has to move to Tokyo to live with her uncle due to her father's transfer. She bumps into a mysterious man who ends up taking her to her uncle's place after she gets lost. Turns out, Suzume will be seeing him a lot more often once she starts school because... he's her homeroom teacher!?


THIS MANGA PULLED MY HEART STRINGS HARD. I'm not even kidding, I felt the butterflies in my own chest while I read this. I absolutely fell face-first, in-love with this manga and its' story line. It is a beautifully drawn manga with an even sweeter and beautiful storyline ♥♥♥
I'm not joking. I thought the main characters were beautifully HOT, and I cry that they aren't real people (᷄ọ̶̶̷̷̷̥ọ̶̶̷̷̥)♡ 
btw, I am Mamura biased~ [If there are any guys like Mamura out there, please show yourselves-]
Ok, I'll be serious, but really! At first I couldn't decided which of the two main male characters I liked better! I FAN-GIRL OVER THEM /// THANK YOU JI FOR RECOMMENDING ME THIS MANGA~ 
note : If you cannot tell, I am trying my best to not give any spoilers!! ><
It was completed just last year and I am hoping that there will be an anime adaptation of this!
This manga has a really beautiful storyline, filled with romance, a hint of comedy and some drama
Trust me! It isn't too sappy, but rather sweet and fun to read.
If you are like me, you will undoubtedly love this manga for it's storyline & the characters ♡

Let me know if you've read any of these Mangas' and tell me your opinion on them!

Till my next post!
xx Charmaine

16 comments:

  1. These manga sound so interesting! I'm always looking for new ones to read since I'm impatient and always waiting for new manga updates! haha
    Celestial Star

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *high-five*! I'm like that as well  <( ̄︶ ̄)>
      When I'm impatiently waiting for updates I also hunt down new mangas' to read!
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your manga! I can't wait to try them out! Plus, I've heard from the last one! Now I have the bigger urge to buy it! >< Wahh it sounds more interesting than ever!
    Love, Jenny~
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading jenny!!!!
      you buy manga?!? Where do you get them from?!?!
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. awww thank you Alice!! (# ^ ^ #)
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  4. I didn't know you were that much into mangas, Charmaine!! haha~! I admit that I only watch animes but I will try the last game or false love because both of them sound too cute >_< ♥
    Where do you read them though?

    Mindy ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha I am a real Manga-obsessed girl lol XD
      I would watch animes, but I don't quite have the time to do so...thats why I read Manga instead~
      I think you would like both of them Mindy!! Nisekoi is very cute & funny, while Last game is very sweet <3
      I read them on my phone nowadays, I use the app "Manga Rock" :D
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  5. Nisekoi is my life omg it's currently my second favorite after Horimiya! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horimiya is sooo good!!!!! ksahdiahsuf when Izumi cut his hair, he just turned into the cutest thing everrrrrr ♥♥♥
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the recommendations~~~ I need some, after the ones that I read (Naruto & Koe no Katachi) ended and I wasn't satisfied with the endings, so I haven't really looked into other mangas for a while now.

    I LOVED HnR (....until the ending, but grown to accept it so I guess you can tell who I'm bias for~ :P), and I agree the drawings for the manga were so beautiful and cute.

    Hehe, I'm hoping to do a Shizume-inspired outfit from the first cover that you put up on this post. ^-^, I have everything, except a similar necklace.

    daiisoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHAHHA I originally couldn't pick who I liked better!!! but in the end I LOVE MAMURA!!! ♥♥♥
      hehe no way! I was also thinking of doing a whole post on Shizume inspired outfits as a special for otaku corner lol~
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  7. YES I LOVE HIRUNAKA NO RYUUSEI. Ahh the ending was so beautiful, I was rooting for Mamura in the end because sensei was annoying me lol.. I read Last Game but kinda got tired halfway because the main girl was sooo oblivious that I was so frustrated haha!

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sensei needed to pick up his game!!
      haha Last Game is starting to pick up the pace now!! :D
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  8. All of these are amazing, but Mamura is still the best <33
    Shoujo manga always makes me wait for that perfect guy that probably don't exist T^T
    Love your blog x)

    Nana♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Nice! I'm interested in reading Last Game now!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment!~
I read them all ヽ(* ≧ ω ≦)ノ