Wednesday, 22 April 2015

Otaku Corner #03 - Tenkuu Shinpan | Online - The Comic | Fukushuu Kyoushitsu

Hey there!

Term break has ended and school has started again!
I've been busy with studying and stressing out with planning my end of year trip.
OTL people think it's so easy, but there is so much organisation to do.
How have you guys been?

Anyways, today I'm back to share with you guys some Manga Recommendations 
I guess the theme of todays Otaku Corner is #horror #action & #mystery (≖‿≖)





1. Tenkuu Shinpan by Miura Tsuina
Genre - Action, Mystery, Horror
Chapters - 66 Status - On Going
Highschool girl Yuri suddenly finds herself on the rooftop of a high-rise building. 
She's trapped in a bizarre world surrounded by skyscrapers, where a masked man cracked open a man's head with an axe before her eyes.



What caught me to read this manga was it's cover drawing. It looked shoujo-but-not-100%-shoujo (do you get me?! haha) I love the plot of the story and how the main character isn't pathetic & weak, but instead a strong and intelligent girl. 
After reading the first few chapters I thought the storyline was going to be rather simple and the typical "oh i have to do this to get out of this weird world/land" type of thing, but no! The manga developed and went for a deeper storyline & plot. [hehe I was surprised in the latest chapter update].
I would really recommend this for someone who enjoys action with mystery and a little horror (I think it's not quite horror thought, just a little...??...I guess the only "Horror" might be the masks?) 
btw I think the main characters' brother is hot & I'm expecting the sniper mask guy to be really good looking (haha I already think he is so fajshdgashdg cool!! I love him lol) ( )


2. Online - The Comic by Keropyon
Genre - Horror, Psychology
Chapters - 32 Status - On Going
Mai Yashiro was a average office worker until the day a video game console arrived in her mailbox.
The game she is forced to play, "Nightmare", is a dangerous game in which one risks both their lives of the ones they love and their own body!! If you refuse to play, those dear to you die. If you lose  battles in the game, parts of your body (your arms or legs, your voice, etc. cease functioning.
The horror of this game spreads throughout society in a slash and to fight it, Mai's company created a "Nightmare" Strategy Team. 
After being assigned to this team, Mai and her dependable comrades boldly rise up against this hellish game.



Online - The Comic is quite an interesting manga. Its' plot follows a working class girl, who has no memory of when she was younger, who gets forced to participate in playing a deadly game called "nightmare". If you choose not to play - people around you will die, and if you lose - your body parts will cease functioning. 
The tension & mystery of the manga was well paced and it really got me to want to continue reading.
One thing I wasn't as keen on was how (in a way) "typical" the main character was portrayed - some sort of memory loss, suddenly obtaining all the "rare" and unknown items straight away.
But other than that, I quite enjoy this manga as it is full of mystery, drama and a little psychology + horror.


3. Fukushuu Kyoushitsu [ Revenge Classroom ] by Yamazaki Karasu
Genre - Action, Drama, Horror
Chapters - 8 Status - Ongoing
Fujisawa Ayana was horribly bullied at school. At first, she tried to defend herself, but she soon learned to just stay quiet and wait for the pain to end. 
However, the bullying escalated one day, when someone pushed her into traffic. At the hospital, as she recovered, she suddenly realised that even if she didn't fight back, her classmates were probably going to eventually kill her.
From this realisation, she soon decides that the only path left was for her to take revenge. 
Her new plan included the students who bullied her, those who stood aside and laughed, and those who did nothing to make it stop. She began gathering notes on her classmates, planning exactly what she would do to make each of their lives collapse. While some of the students really seemed to deserve their fate, her plan also includes classmates that she used to count as close friends...


Firstly, I'm going to tell you guys that this isn't another one of those stereotypical "mindless-revenge" themed plots. Yes, it is based on getting revenge, but the story is much more interesting and detailed
This manga is of a girl who has been severely bullied in her school, to the point where she gets pushed into traffic. I enjoy this manga because personally I like to read and understand peoples' psychology - how/why they do things.
What i really enjoyed about this manga is how the main character is actually portrayed in a villainous light, yet you (as the reader) are influenced to believe that all her classmates deserve the revenge and what's coming for them.
I would really recommend this for people who enjoy a drama & psychological manga, but I would say it should be read by mature people because some of the things which happened to the protagonist are quite dark.

Let me know if you've read any of these Mangas' and tell me your opinion on them!
Or if you've read something similar to these that you would recommend ;D

xx Charmaine

2 comments:

  1. Oh thanks for your recommendations
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing ^^

    would you like to follow each other? If you follow me, please let me know.
    I will follow you back for sure. thank you so much! =D
    TOM AND TINS

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment!~
I read them all ヽ(* ≧ ω ≦)ノ