Sunday, 7 June 2015

Missha : M Magic Cushion Moisture || Review

Hello lovelies~

I'm back with a beauty review [finally!!] ~
haha today I'll be review a new cushion foundation which I just bought. Enjoy!
lol The lighting was crazy bright when I took these photos. hehe I love bright lighting~ o ( o)

Missha : M Magic Cushion Moisture in no.21

Brand : Missha
Name : M Magic Cushion Moisture
no. 21
Made In Korea
Amount : 15g
Price : Around $16
Product Info
SPF 50+, Wrinkle Care, Whitening & UV Blocking Cosmetic

Water-full magic cushion to help enhance vitality of skin while tapping.
Image taken from google.com

Directions
Apply an appropriate amount on a puff and pat lightly over the face.
Apply small amount for expressing light and sleek makeup.



Packaging
The packaging is super simple and elegant.
A simple white casing with a gold border. If I'm not wrong, for the colour no.23, the packaging has a silver border instead.



Swatch
The foundation is quite fair and light!
You can feel the moisture when you tap in on your skin and it also has a light scent, which in my opinion, smells a little like sunscreen.
The coverage is not too bad. It managed to cover up the little red patches under my nose and on my cheek.
Once applied it gave off a slightly dewy yet matte look. It wasn't sticky, but just a little dewy.
I personally felt that the foundation "sits in" quite quickly into my skin, so I don't have the time to blend other products onto my skin leisurely.



Overall
★★★★☆
The reason I bought this cushion foundation to try out was because in the advertisement/photos the coverage looked AMAZING. (scroll up) As you can see the models skin looked flawless and velvet smooth?!?
The foundation has SPF 50+ in it, which in my books, is always a big tick!
I really like how you can really feel your skin being tapped with moisture when applying the foundation. It gives off a slightly dewy yet matte finish (I don't know how to descibe it exactly, but it looks nice), and I would recommend applying some loose powder on top of the foundation just to make sure your hair won't end up sticking to your face.
The scent is fairly light, and it reminds me a little of sunscreen & it left my skin feeling quite soft?!
The coverage is ok as it slightly covered up some red spots or blemishes I had, but it didn't exactly cover until my skin looked velvet smooth like in the advertisement photos.
The only "not so good" thoughts I had about this foundation was that the colour choice is very limited, only coming in no.21 and no.23, so it is limited to people with somewhat fair skin, and that I personally feel like the foundation sets/"sits into my skin" quite quickly (some people may like it and some people may not like it?).
But, overall I don't mind this cushion and I think it does work pretty nicely so I'll give it a 4/5  \ (@ ¯ ¯ @) / 


*this review is 100% of my own honest opinion*

Leave me a comment and let me know if you've tried this cushion foundation before!

btw, I'm going to cover either Karas' YoungJi or SeungYeon makeup look from their new MV Cupid! let me know whos' you'd like to se(◕‿◕✿)
xx Charmaine

25 comments:

  1. The coverage is great! Nice review, dear ^^

    bjorkiagadzotica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading!
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  2. I have this Missha Magic Cushion too, but not the moisture ver. ^^ I use this bb cushion after applying my Etude Face Blur. It makes skin look so flawless 😊
    And please do Kara's YoungJi makeup ! ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh!! I've been eyeing the EH Face Blur for a while! What do you think of it?
      hehe Thank you for letting me know whos' look you'd like to see (≧ ∇ ≦)
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  3. The cushion looks amazing x: I like how natural it looks. I dont use foundation or bb cream though :)
    Jessie @ bijou-heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a fan of cushion foundations because of the same reason that colour selections are quite limited D:
    Although i have to say this one looks really good on you and makes you looks really Korean hehe~ It's pretty cool how it contains witch hazel extract, i'm assuming this product is good for your skin!? I should give cushions another try >u<
    Omg can't wait to see your next post! I love seeing your korean inspired makeup tutorials :)

    xx
    www.beautifyinglifee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The limited colour selection is so asjdgakshjgd haha sometimes I end up mixing different foundations to get the right colour ヽ(* ≧ ω ≦)ノ
      Cushions are just so handy, fast and easy to use! That's why I like them~
      yess!! Thank you Fifi! ♥
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  5. I dont really use foundations at all but I think this foundation looks good on you! It's a shame that it didn't cover your skin as much as you expected it to from the advertisement photos but the moisturising effect sounds great~!! >u< By the way, the review photos look very good !! *-* ♥ I'm really want to improve my photo style and editing over summer break hehe~

    PS: Your fringe looks very cute on you, maybe it looks a little uneven but thats no big deal! I already saw it on instagram and I know the struggle of taking care of them @_@

    Mindy ♥
    mymychen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for noticing Mindy!!
      omg if you look at my old photos...OTL the difference in my photos is so noticeable!
      I think 2 of the most important things you have to keep in mind when taking photos is the lighting and the positioning of objects.

      ahaha Thank you! I can't be bothered waking up and spending time blow-drying it every morning, so I kinda just wake up and go out as it is haha! Do far, it doesn't look too bad when I do it! XD
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  6. I love cushion foundations, but I haven't tried that many. This Missha one sounds like it will work well! And you are right, I also find that many korean brands only come out with 2 different tones. I always get the darker tone and I'm relieved that the tone suits me.

    www.chermaineho.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried any innisfree cushions? I find them quite nice!
      You're still fair, so I think the 2nd shade would match your skin tone.
      Thx for reading Chermaine!! (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  7. This actually sounds pretty good except for the limited colour range! I've tried some other cushions and I sit between shades 13-21!

    Sulwhasoo's cushion foundation does a better job at covering up redness and blemishes if you were looking for something like that! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know!! I've always glanced at sulwhasoo products, but I'm yet to try them out! ^^
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  8. I've actually yet to try a cushion foundation but I've always wanted to! We have a Missha store where I live, SO I COULD EASILY CHECK THIS OUT :D
    The packaging for this is super pretty, and I love the high SPF! Judging from your photos, #23 might be a better match for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha YOUR LUCKY!! no asian beauty stores here, except for 1 The Face Shop store (which is closing down lol)....and the prices are ridiculous!! I bought this toner online for only $16...in store they were selling it for $60?!? not even kidding man!!
      haha It was so fair I got worried at first!
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
    2. SO...I ACTUALLY WENT TO CHECK THIS OUT AND I SWATCHED IT ON MY HAND...and it looks so...shiny/glowy o_o And I don't think either of the shades match me either LOL T_T

      Delete
  9. Oh I love it the packaging and the formula looks good
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx for reading Sakuranko!!
      It think the formula is perfect for winter use~
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  10. I just checked your review about this product and I am curious: does this last for a long time?
    I experienced the Innisfree cushion but I felt that that product gave me a powdery finish after some hours. What is the effect of this product after some time??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've worn this foundation for a day (maybe 6-8hrs) and it lasts long!
      It doesn't budge or transfer anywhere, and for the powdery finish, I feel like it does have a slightly matte finish once you've applied it.
      Thank you for reading & for your questions~
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  11. Really nice review~! I've been reading into BB Cushions and this one seems really nice <33

    alluringalyssbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm so getting this cushion. thanks for the review!
    by the way you mentioned that the one with silver lining is #23, but it's not true. the one with silver lining is a different product - it's the all-skin type of this cushion. the one you got with gold lining is the moisture type. anyway, i heard that the moisture type works far better than the all-skin type so i'm getting this one :D

    anyway if you love this, you might wanna try apieu air fit cushion. it's so great too and very cheap - cheaper than missha as it's its sister brand - definitely no regret!

    xoxo,
    caroline.
    carolinelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like a great everyday base! I'm DYING to try a cushion foundation, because they look so cool... and because the korean models always have flawless looking skin. OF COURSE.
    I like the sound of a slightly dewy finish :D

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment!~
I read them all ヽ(* ≧ ω ≦)ノ