Friday, 25 September 2015

Irresistible Me : Sapphire 8 in 1 Curler || Review

Hello Everyone ♥

I've finally completed all my mock exams!!
Now all that's left is my final piano practical exam (this Monday!!) and my final written exams (in November!)
Right now I'm feeling a mixture of excitement and nervousness....
I still can't believe I am so close to finishing my high school studies.

Today I'll be sharing with you guys a review of this awesome hair curler I've been using lately, which I got from Irresistible Me.
I've bought hair curlers with a fixed barrel size before, and they cost me at least $80 each....
This curler is an 8 in 1 curler - where there are interchangeable barrels. For $199 I believe that this curler is worth the price and as an extra, it comes with a 1 year warranty.

Brand : Irresistible Me
Name : Sapphire 8 in 1 Curler
Price : $199
Product Info
The Sapphire will help you create endless hairstyles while also protecting your hair. This curling wand is extremely versatile and every barrel will create a different type of curl : tight perm-like curls, ringlet curls, ribbon curls, flick curls, large and bouncy curls, beach or wavy curls and finger wave type curls that will hold for ages.

The wand comes with 8 different ceramic, tourmaline infused, interchangeable barrels : 13mm, 19mm, 25mm, 32mm, 18/9mm, 25/13mm and pearl.

The Irresistible Me 8 in 1 Sapphire Curler comes with an array of features including: 
  • No frizzy hair – the tourmaline technology with negative ions leaves your hair smooth and shiny by sealing hair oils, color and moisture in.
  • Longevity – the tourmaline barrels are much more resistant than plain ceramic barrels
  • Fast heating  (up to 20 seconds) and variable temperature control (230C/450F) – because we know you need a tool that helps you save time.
  • Intelligent  – the LED screen shows you the temperature you`re at - this means it`s impossible to damage delicate hair by setting it to the wrong temperature
  • Cool tips – the rubber tip of each barrel doesn’t heat up which helps with manoeuvrability and safety
  • Comes in good company – you get a heat-proof pouch that doubles as a nice travelling pack that you can take with you anywhere and a heat-resistant glove to avoid getting burned while styling your hair
  • It has an auto shut off feature 

In the Set
The curler arrived in great condition as the whole packaged was in a box and wrapped in bubble warp!
The set includes a heat proof bag, the Sapphire Handler, 8 different curling barrels and a heat proof glove.




About Each Barrel


The Pearl Barrel
Recommended As Best For : Colourful Hairstyles, Wild Natural Curls, Short Layered Cuts, Medium Lengths and Long Curly Hairstyles.
This barrel creates natural looking curly hairstyles despite its' unusual shape.
What would I use it for?
I would use this barrel to curl any loose ends or any hair that is "let down" (like curling the ends of a waterfall braid.) as well as to curl the baby hairs that frame my face.

Straight Wands
These wands create a uniform consistency - where each curl is equal in shape and size.
Will help to create an overall look of sophistication.

13mm - 19mm
Recommended As Best For : Short Pixie Hair, Spiral Curls, Perm Looks and Tight Body Waves.
Best for creating tiny and tight twists or a natural perm look. The 13mm keeps curls tight while the 19mm will be a little bit looser.
What would I use it for?
As I have long, thick asian hair, a full perm look would definitely not suit me! I would end up looking really weird...
I would use these smaller barrels to curl the "baby" hairs, which frame my face. These barrels would help to keep these small and thinner sections of hair curled for longer to last the whole day.

25mm
Recommended As Best For : Short Bob Haircuts, Medium Curly Hairstyles, Long Layered Hair, Natural Hair Looks, Added Volume and Curly Up-dos.
This barrel can help to create tight, yet natural looking curls. It can also add dimension to any up-dos.
What would I use it for?
I'd consider this barrel as one of the more versatile barrels as it is able to work on hairs of different lengths and textures. As the curls it creates are a medium size, it gives off a natural look.
So I would use this barrel for full natural curls or to add curls to any hairstyle where there is some hair "let down".

32mm
Recommended As Best For : Curly Hairstyles for Long Hair, Volumizing Short Pixies, Natural Waves for Long Hair and Soft Dreamy Waves.
As the barrel is much thicker, this will help to create much looser curls.
What would I use it for?
I'd definitely use to barrel to create natural, loose waves as the thickness of the barrel will aid in creating a "softer look". As well as this, I'd use this barrel to add curls and dimension to any hairstyle where there is some hair which is "let down".

Reverse Wands
With narrow "upper" ends and thicker "lower ends", the reverse wands help to create a variety of sized curls.
The narrow end is capable of creating curls of precision, while the thicker end creates fuller and larger curls.

18/9mm - 25/13mm - 13/25mm
Recommended As Best For : Long Hair, Medium Bobs, Thick Curly Hair, Natural Beach Waves and Mermaid Spirals.
What would I use it for?
I find these barrels super interesting!
I would use them to attempt to create natural beach waves, as well as to add a variation of dimension and curls to my hair.

My Thoughts
This curler can seriously replace all your other curlers as well as save you money.
As I mentioned before, I bought a curler last year and it cost me at least $80. This curler is basically 8 curlers! and it only costs $199 + 1 year warranty.
The curler came in a sturdy box, warped in a secure layer of bubble wrap to ensure that it wouldn't be damaged during its shipping trip!

As well as the variety of different barrels to choose from, what I like about the whole set is the fact that it is all neatly packaged in a heat proof bag. This means that i don't need to wait for the curler to cool completely to put it away - I can immediately leave it in the bag and not have to worry about it.
Also, it makes the storage of the hair curler really neat and simple.

Another great thing about the curler is that you are able to control what temperature you want to set it at. This means that if you have delicate hair, you can set it at a much lower temperature with no problem! [The temperature is set in Fahrenheit - so you'll have to google up conversions to find the degrees celsius equivalent.]

Although the barrels do not have clamps like other curlers, each barrel has a rubber tip (which does not heat up) and the curling set comes with a heat proof glove. This makes the curler easier to use and prevents you for burning your self by touching the curler.
Though I will have to admit it took me a few trys and a few ouch moments to get use to using a clamp-less curler, but once you get the hang of it-it's all good.

If you are looking to invest yourself in a good curler, which is worth the price and isn't too damaging for your hair, I would recommend you try this curler out.

*note! The plug is for America, so you may need to buy yourself an adaptor to use it.

*this review is 100% of my own honest opinion*

Irresistible Me also sell a wide variety of hair extensions, hair tools, hair care and accessories + they provide free shipping with orders over $150!
Don't forget to check out their site~

That's all for today! Let me know, what is your favourite hairstyle to create using curlers? or what is your go to hair style? [ahah I know for me - being busy with school, I end up with a low pony tail or even a super ugly *not to mention messy* bun]
xx Charmaine

29 comments:

  1. OMG charmaine you look so cute!!! I feel like I haven't seen your face in a while... you look more mature hehe!!!! *_* I don't have a curler but I feel like I totally need one now! Thanks for the review!!
    Junniku blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ღゝ◡╹)ノ♡ THANK YOU JUNE
      Consider this curler! It does its' job well~
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  2. Nice review~! I have been looking for a new curling iron and this one looks great <33

    alluringalyssbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading Alyss ✧
      This curler is definitely worth the price + if you keep a look out, IrresistibleMe often have sales/discounts!
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the very detailed review. I haven't seen reverse wand before and it is very interesting. I like how it came with a pouch and gloves too. Very useful.

    Jo
    Jo's Jumbled Jardinière

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading though my review Jo!
      I hope it was helpful to you ^^
      haha I had no idea about reverse wands before trying this out either (⁄ ⁄^⁄ᗨ⁄^⁄ ⁄)
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  4. love your hair the curls are so cute =) hope you could check my blog =0 we can follow each other too if you like =) http://anotsosecretlife2011.blogspot.jp/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my blog sweetie ♡
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  5. Omgg CONGRATS GIRL on finishing all your mock exams!! Good luck for the coming one on Monday :))) I FEEL YOUR EXCITEDMENT freedom probably feels so close to you right now hehe!~

    This hair curling set reminds me of the Nume set that is going viral all over YouTube but so much cheaper!!! I've always wanted to try these hair curling wand sets but I feel like i wont use all the wands so it'll be a waste >_< It's pretty cool how different shaped wands give you a different look! The pearl barrel looks so interesting i really want to see how it looks one day~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU FIFI ♡♡♡
      and YES!! Freedom is getting closer by the day!! It's so exciting yet overwhelming at the same time!!
      omg I googled the Nume Set and its $300?! That's crazy!!
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh Charmaine you look gorgeous! And this product sounds and looks great *u* Thank you for sharing!
    ~Kiyomi from kokorosasa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (๑>ᴗ<๑) Thank you Kiyomi!!!
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  7. That is a lot of barrels! I am looking for a curler, so I am glad you've such a great indepth review! The curls looks so pretty on you ^_^

    Celly | Asian Beauty and Makeup Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 8 Barrels! Thank you for reading Celly! I do hope my review helped you with choosing a curler! :D
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  8. Lovely hair, you look beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caramella~
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  9. Lovely hair, you look beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice review~

    New post ☆ CNDirect
    If you follow my blog, I follow your blog too, write about it~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading dear!
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  11. Oh wow 8 barrels?! That's amazing! I waste so much money for buying curlers of different sizes... Thanks so much for this review! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're Welcome!! haha Maybe try out this curler, if you're ever looking for another curler XD
      It is definitely worth the price!
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  12. Your hair is gorgeous! Thanks for this review♥♥

    chocolateandsunset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie! Hope you enjoyed reading~
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  13. I've been wanting to get a curler with interchangeable barrels but they're so pricey but I think they're so worth it too. :)

    www.urhappybunnie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I agree! They really are worth it in the end!
      Thank you so much for reading Joanne (๑ᴖ◡ᴖ๑)
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  14. It’s so beautiful and so interesting! I love this post!
    And already can’t wait to see the new one!

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana!
      I'm so happy that you enjoy reading my posts ✰
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  15. Great post~
    Beautiful photos^^

    New post
    If you follow my blog, I follow your blog too, write about it~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck on your final written exams, Charmaine! (But holy crap, WHAT KIND OF CURLING WANDS ARE YOU BUYING FOR $80???? I bought mine a few years ago for less than $40 and I'm still happy with it!)
    I like your "what would I use it for" sections because literally have no idea what to do with the inverted (the one that looks like this: V) and bubble/pearl wands. I MEAN, THEY LOOK SO WEIRD. YOUR HAIR THO <3_<3

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment!~
I read them all ヽ(* ≧ ω ≦)ノ