Saturday, 24 October 2015

"Respect Day" - My Last Day Of High School

Hello everyone!

So if you've been keeping up with me and my blog, I'm sure that you know that I'm currently completing (well, I guess now I have just finished) my final year of high school and I have my final exams starting in less than a week!

Yesterday, 23/10/15, was my official last day of school!

I'm sure most of your high schools called it "muck-up day", but sadly for my school, muck-up day was banned due to the extent of some of the pranks previous year 12 pulled. [I heard a rumour that one bunch of previous year 12's managed to somehow put a toilet in the middle of the year 10 quad?!]
I was actually a little disappointed we didn't get the chance to terrorise the junior kids, cover their lockers with cream or even wrapping up all the toilets with glad wrap. 

Instead, our school changed it to "Respect Day", where we celebrate completing high school by dressing up with a theme, having a special year 12 assembly, eating free hotdogs and having a water fight. [Though all the teachers still treat us with suspicion - banning us from actually entering the school (we had to enter though the teachers carpark) and keeping us only in our quad the the courts.]






Before I even continue, can you guess who I attempted to dress up as?!?!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
probs you couldn't guess unless you were into k-pop...
I was a mix and match of Irene from different eras.
Initially I was going for this look :
I actually had bought a can of pink spray hair chalk and I DIYed the shirt (because I couldn't find one and couldn't be bothered to go shopping and hunt down something similar.)
FUNNY STORY - Ok, not actually funny, but please. Just read.
I woke up at 6:30am to colour my hair with the chalk in order to give myself enough time to let it dry. (I've never used hair chalk before.)....I managed to completely empty the can, without even getting though half of my hair (,,Ծ‸Ծ,, )..and that less-than-half amount of hair, looked really weird...like wire?! It was gross.
Ryan actually gave me pink solid hair chalk he had - it came in the packet he bought. I tried to use it, but it made my hair feel really REALLY dry.
In the end, I washed out my hair at 6:45am, blow dried it, hunted the house for a piece of wire and ended up with Dumb Dumb era hair!
I was Irene - wearing a Happiness era outfit, but with the Dumb Dumb era hairstyle (๑•̌.•̑๑)ˀ̣ˀ̣


ANYWAYS!
I got to school at around 8:30am and I couldn't see any other year 12's...
But thank goodness! The minute I walked out of the car, Ryan came out of nowhere then Christy came a few seconds later - so we walked into school together~

Everyone was dressed up!
Initially when I thought of dressing up - I thought we (Christy, Tracy, Joyce & I) could go as Red Velvet...It's some lame inside joke we have.
But in the end, Joyce came as Daria, Tracy as a Hot Dog (I love her costume so much!), Christy as Seulgi from Ice-Cream Cake era and I was (as mentioned above ^^) Irene from a mix of eras~
Ryan came a Spongebob! hahaha his outfit was actually quite cute and prep-school like (◍˃̶ᗜ˂̶◍)

I don't think I have much more to say, so I'll just share with you guys some photos and (If I have any to tell) short stories! ✧٩(•́⌄•́๑)و ✧

Try your best to guess who everyone dressed up as!



Ice Cream Cake era Seulgi!
Christy
The first photo we took that day! Her Ice Cream Cake outfit was honestly so on point, Christy are you sure you aren't wearing Seulgi's actual clothes?!? ⁽(◍˃̵͈̑ᴗ˂̵͈̑) 
I'm honestly so proud that we made it though these years together - even if our initial 4 years of knowing each other was...not as loving and friendly ღゝ◡╹)ノlol let's be honest. We both though of each other as really weird and tried to avoid having to attend the same tuition classes without another friend with us. 
But, for the past 5 years, we have gotten so close and I really do love you and treat you as one of my closest and most special friends. ♡ [Ok! I'll save the mushy words to later down the post!]


with the Rock, Paper & Scissors gang!
Rachna & Damsi & Charlene
They were so cute & they DIYed their props! I know you can't quite see it in the photo, but Charlene DIYed her paper and it was so good, I didn't even realise it was DIYed until someone pointed it out! ♡
Love these girls! Although I don't think I've ever had a class with Rachna, I've always enjoyed her company~ She is super funny & you just can't help but love her!
I was in quite a few classes with Charlene & Damsi and I especially remember our SOSE group assignment we did with Tracy. We had so much fun with our "Bush" assignment - visiting a shit cafe and watching our bloopers (made by the one and only Charlene ♡), I couldn't believe we managed to make SOSE a fun subject!
Not to forget, our English Mockumentary that Tracy, Damsi, Joyce, Deevena & I made! It was definitely one of my most memorable group assignments I've ever done!



Attack On Titans [進撃の巨人] Levi!
Hanna
I was not expecting anyone to be dressed up as one of the Attack On Titans characters!!
but Hanna absolutely NAILED it!!! I silently fan-girled over her cosplay! ♡( ૢ⁼̴̤̆ ꇴ ⁼̴̤̆ ૢ)~ෆ
Her outfit and makeup were so on point! I had to take a photo with her!
btw. How do you guys pronounce Levi? I say it as "Lee-vi" but some people say it as "leh-vee"?! 

Gangsta Annette
This year Annee cut her hair super short and she used it to her advantage to dress up as a gangsta guy!! ahah omg I love you Annee ♡ Though you guys can't see it, she even drew on tattoos on her arm! o(≧∇≦o)


Jeff as a girl...
This was so random, but so good! ∗˚(* ˃̤൬˂̤ *)˚∗ Jeff just came as a random girl?! man...his skirt is even shorter than mine! He reminded me of some girl from an anime, but no...he was just dressed up as a girl (◍˃̶ᗜ˂̶◍)ノ”

Li Ling ♡
엄마!! You're so cute, but you no dress up?! haha I love this girl so much!! She is my buddy & partner in crime (lol what crime?!) in our Career & Enterprise class. We've been in the same class from the start and I really thank and appreciate her for all her help & encouragement throughout these 2 years. Thank you for dealing with me Ling!! ♡♡♡


 A Hot Dog & the Dare Devil photobombing me and one of the Incredibles!
Adrian & Tracy & Christine

 With my cute Martian from Toy Story
Adwina

 Mrs Potato Head?!
Vamsi


 Jessie from Toy Story!
Kathy
Adwina, Vamsi & Kathy are only a few of the Toy Story crew! There were a few others' who dressed up as other characters~

Nicholas & Jairus & Rory
I think Jairus was also a Toy Story character?! I'm not too sure...
ahaha I initially took a photo with Jairus (we are always the top 2 in our music class...it's just a matter of who's first ೕ(˃̵ᴗ˂̵ ๑)), and Rory tried (but failed) to photobomb. So I told him to just come and join in the photo & Nicholas was there as well, so I told him to join as well!

 With the very pretty Ji Young ♡




Captain Hook!
Wina the photobomber/derper ♡( ૢ⁼̴̤̆ ꇴ ⁼̴̤̆ ૢ)~ෆ♡
I've known Wina since Kindergarden! We initially went to the same primary school, until I moved house & changed schools. When I found out when we were going to the same highschool I was excited, because I hadn't seen her in ages & she was one of the very few people I knew who were going to the same school as me. 
Wina is definitely one of the most intelligent and humble person from the people I know. Although she never admits to it, I know she is very smart but she also studies & works very hard to achieve her high grades! I'm super proud of you Wina♡ 
ahaha she is always saying "sorry!" for sometimes no reason! When they were going to announce the "person who has apologised the most" (Ok not exact words because I can't remember, but you get the gist of it!) I was 100001% sure it was going to be Wina!



Oh look! I found Mr Potato Head!
Daniel

Christy & Linda
Linda Lee~~~ We've only gotten closer and started talking these last 2 years! I know your love for Pippa is unbeatable, but I hope your love for us is nearly as great (◍˃̶ᗜ˂̶◍)ノ”
I've had a lot of fun talking to you and being in your class these past years! I'm really proud to be there with you and to see your grades improve as a result of your hard work! 
I'm sure that you are one of the most busiest out of all of us! Balancing your job, while always walking Pippa (I need to be like you and consistently walk Bruno....) & studying well! 
hehe Thank you so much for taking care of our english group and always feeding us ೕ(˃̵ᴗ˂̵ ๑)
Linda! We are so close to reaching the end of High School! Continue to work hard and I can't wait for the day you become a teacher~ I'm very sure that you'll be a very lovely teacher, that all children will love to have!
p.s I know that you're photo-shy, but thank you for taking a last photo with me~
Can't wait to go traveling with you!!! Love you 



Link
Andrew
I first met Andrew when (I think) we were in year 6. We went to the same tuition class & back then, I didn't really do my english homework and he told me that they actually had the answers for our last weeks' homework in our next booklets....(but yeah...the teacher wasn't that great & she didn't really care anyways.) We were in quite a few classes together & in the same chinese class during high school (until I quit Chinese ଘ( ິ•ᆺ⃘• )ິଓ). 
How is your waist so small though Andrew?!! ahah I will miss you!! ♡



Daria
Joyce
Your Daria outfit turned out really well!! haha The $12 jacket looked good ✧٩(•́⌄•́๑)و ✧
Joyce!! You better stay in contact with me no matter what happens!! I know you are super smart and you will get into one of those Sydney or Melbourne Universities. Believe in your self!!
Thank you so much for always supporting me as well as supporting my blog ♡
We've been in the same classes since year 8 and you were one of the first friends I made in high school. Thank you for dealing with my craziness & (sometimes) my dumbness. No matter what you decide to do in the future or where you decide to go, you will always have my support & I'll always be there for you! Can't wait to go traveling with you & the rest of the gang after WACE!

a Hot Dog Sim character
Tracy
Tracy your costume was absolute GOLD✰. I love you as much as I love food~~~ hehe
I love you so much!!! I've had so much fun being in your classes, even though we weren't as close from the start. THANK YOU FOR GETTING ME INTO K-POP & EXO & BOYS OVER FLOWERS. ଘ(੭ˊ꒳ˋ)੭✧
haha If it weren't for your craziness & fan-girling presence I would never been able to have the experience of watching K-drama (♬ almost paradiseeeeee~~~) & discovering the joy of K-pop (Roll like a Buffalo! (⁄ ⁄^⁄ᗨ⁄^⁄ ⁄), let along be able to influence Christy and drag her along into the world of K-pop!
I will really miss having you in my classes & the group assignments we did together~ They were so much fun & they always turned out great!If you do end up moving to Melbourne University, don't forget to call me & Kakao chat with me!! Even if it's just to fangirl over a new comeback!
I'll never forget the how lame we & our whole group are (especially when you started dancing to RV in the quad). I was going to add something else, but that would be pure embarrassment to write it here on the blog. Please tell me the url to your blog one day! Love you heaps!  (灬ºωº灬)♡

Seulgi & Spongebob & Irene
Christy & Ryan
I had to save this photo for last (even though it is my opening photo to the post...do I even make any sense?!).
It's funny how we all met each other through tuition with Aunty Doris. We all didn't quite like each other at first, but look how it all turned out! Christy & I just simply thought of each other as really weird, but we ended up talking to each other soon after I ended up officially joining her class. When Ryan joined, both Christy & I thought he was super weird. We would all say "Hi" when he came to class, but he would never respond, let alone talk. The first words we ever heard him say were "the Grasshopper", when Aunty Doris forced him to read out a comprehension passage. It was so weird hearing his voice for the first time, we all started laughing and *attempting* to hide our laughter with our worksheets covering our faces. But even then, Ryan was still weird...
During our first few days of high school we were all in a lot of classes together & I guess that's how were managed to get so close to each other. 
We've taken lots of ugly photos of each other & stored them as blackmail memories on our hard-drives. Our Chinese projects were so much fun to do & even though we aren't the best at the subject (please, I'm sure you guys are regretting the choice of continuing the subject in upper school- especially with your teacher. BUT I'm super proud of you both for managing to persevere though and continue learning the subject), we had lots of fun.
Actually when I think about it, all my classes with you both were only made fun, super enjoyable and also memorable, only because I had you two by my side.
I could list so much more, but I'll save it for another day.
I will miss you both dearly, but heheh lucky for me, you are both staying here in WA for Uni! Though we may end up heading to different universities, and in different courses, please please please! Let's always talk and go out together! I love you both heaps! To the moon & back!
"I have no friends. Because you guys are basically family." - Christy
Yes we do tease you for that Christy, but I (and I'm sure Ryan as well), feel the same ♡ (ok not the no friends part, but definitely the family part!)
p.s Christy you better not be crying. My writing is no where as good as yours, thus it shouldn't have been able to bring you to tears.  (灬ºωº灬)♡


Sorry if there is grammer/spelling mistakes...I just finished typing out the post & it ended up a little wordy...I'll re-edit it later~

I had a lot of fun during our last day of highschool, but I only wish that it was a little longer & I would have liked to take a lot more photos with everyone!
Even if I didn't manage to take a photo with you (WHERE WERE YOU!?!Y DIDN'T WE TAKE A PHOTO?!), you are still a part of my life & I will miss you!

I wish everyone the best of luck for they final exams! Study hard for these last days and do your best for November!
love, Charmaine

26 comments:

  1. Nawwws this is so cute!!! I love your outfit, your hair looks so cooool I have no idea how you made it look like that o.o
    We didn't even get a muck up day or a respect day T_T Our grade actually just decided to muck up anyway and dress up but then everyone ended up being sent home on that day -_-
    I also really love the hot dog costume and the girl who dressed up as Jessie hehe~
    Good luck for your final exams!! I think i say it every time in the comment sections but this time it really feels like its real and so close~

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh really?! haha I always thought all high schools had a day like this! o(≧∇≦o) Maybe it's just in Perth! ^^
      Thank you fifi!! haha (◍˃̶ᗜ˂̶◍)ノ” the hair was done using wire & a lot of hair spray!
      It really does!! Thank you so much for your infinite support ♡
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on graduating ^_^ very exciting. Looks like an awesome last day, I don't even recall my last day of high school. I just know it wasn't as cool as this! And that hair O_O you did a great job.


      http://stressedbutkawaii.blogspot.com/

      Delete
    2. Thank you Marie!!!
      hehe I was actually a little worried about the hair, because I never had a chance to test it out before doing it XD
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  3. I totally enjoyed this post! Have a nice weekend! :)

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it! thank you for reading~
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  4. Omg your post is so lovely! :) Congratulations on graduating high school! I guess that you will definitely miss all your friends and the great time you had, but it's time to open a new chapter in your life! :) You will probably find new friends fast~ What will you study at uni? Btw you look so gorgeous! DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB I love Joy <3
    Good luck!
    Jenny
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny!!! but yes!! I guess I am really close to opening a new chapter in life ( ૢ⁼̴̤̆ ꇴ ⁼̴̤̆ ૢ)
      I'm not too sure yet, but I applied for commerce courses ^^
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  5. Looks like you had a great time, I'm also a senior but school ends in june for me. Cant wait for uni c: Ahh I love Irene (fav member of RV) and I love ur hair, it's super cute! haha last year for senior prank people put vaseline all over the door handles to the front of the school -.-

    Suzy
    pret-tea.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck for your final year Suzy! It'll pass by really fast!
      haha don't worry! soon you'll be the one pulling the pranks ೕ(˃̵ᴗ˂̵ ๑)
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  6. AW MY BABY!!! i love you many many many much !! you are an angel.
    it's never goodbye okay !!! !!! !!! i'll see you in like 2 days.
    tbh i haven't even said goodbye to you or anyone else so like LOL
    love you so <3 <3 you are the cutest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll see you in 1 day!! We better take some photos together at Valedictory!!
      (灬ºωº灬)♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

      Delete
  7. This is so cute!!! My school didn't have stuff like this. I'm also thrown off that your last day of school is in october since my school's usually end in june/july.

    Anyway, congrats on graduating! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha the school year here in AU start at the start of the year & end at the end of the year!! :)
      Thank you Hao! ♡
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  8. Ahhh I love this post Charmaine it's so sweet ;A; Congratulations on finishing your last day of high school. This looks like so much fun, and everyone looks great ;u;!
    ~Kiyomi from kokorosasa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading it Kiyomi! ^^
      It really was lots of fun to see everyone dress up~
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  9. Great picture, and nice outfitl! ^ ω ^


    Ryu の Sekai

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulation on your last official high school day ♥♥
    Dressing up and seeing your school mates for the last time must be really sad but also relieving and fun too~ It's really cute to read the memories you have with your friends and see the photos you took! I laughed so much when I saw the photo with your friend Jeff as girl hahah. I'm so impressed that some of your school mates put in so much effort (especially the Eren cosplay! :O). I really liked your Irene costume too hehe your hair looks great Charmaine!! I'm still curious how you made them look like that hehe >.< ♥.
    Good luck for your final exams and I hope you will have a great time in uni afterwards ♥

    Mindy ♥



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mindy ♥
      haha don't worry! I laughed the minute I saw him! o(≧∇≦o)
      It was really nice to see everyone putting in the effort~ It made the day even more special and fun~ but yes! That SNK cosplay was A+
      Wires!! I had to stick a long piece of wire in my hair to keep it like that! ^^
      Thank you so much Mindy! ♡
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. thank you for reading!
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  12. Such a cute RV outfit and your braids hehe! Irene is baee♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahha thank you Mish! ♡ yess! Irene is bae~
      xx Charmaine

      Delete

Leave me a comment!~
I read them all ヽ(* ≧ ω ≦)ノ