Saturday, 26 December 2015

Etude House : Snowy Dessert Collection & Honey Cera Kit [Pink Bird Box] || Review

Hi sweeties!!

How was your Christmas Holiday? Did you guys have fun?
I spent the day at home eating and some family friends came over for a gathering.

So as I mentioned before in my latest blogpost/video I had some super exciting news to share with you guys!! I was recruited as one of the new members of the Etude House Pink Bird Blogger Program!
I was super excited when I checked my emails, after my last WACE exam, to find that I was selected as a new Etude House Pink Bird! ♡〜٩( ˃́▿˂̀ )۶〜♡ 

So without further ado, here's my review on the Snowy Dessert Collection products & the Honey Cera 4-in-1 kit ✧✧✧





The Etude House Snowy Dessert Collection is a collection which will remind you of the tasty and lovely christmas desserts! As you can see, all the items in the collection are super cute and are packaged as sweet desserts or treats (≧ڡ≦*)




The products from the collection I got & will be reviewing are the Snowy Dessert Play 101 Pencil (in #71 & #73), the Snowy Dessert Pudding Tint & the Snowy Dessert Ginger Cookie Blusher.



Snowy Dessert Play 101 Pencil #71 & #73
Gel-type Pencil [Link]
This gel-type pencil that comes with vivid colours and various textures are easy & fun for makeup.
Directions : Twist to dispense certain amount and use on desired area. Close cap after use. When using sharpener, insert product and sharpen while turning slowly.
My Review : I personally love the Play 101 Pencils by Etude House. They are very creamy, easy to blend, easy to use and they have such a large range of colours to choose from!
The Snowy Dessert Play 101 Pencils have a cute packaging - making them resemble christmas candy canes~
Both pencils have a subtle shimmer to them - allowing them to help brighten up your eyes. I find #71 to a very pretty rose-gold colour (consisting of a pink base & gold shimmers), which would be perfect to use on your eyelids to add a hint of shimmer to your look. Also, I think the colour would be nice to use on the inner parts of your lips, if you were going for a pretty party-type of gradient look.
The #73 pencil is more of a fleshy, nude glitter pencil - which has a very very light pink/beige base & a pearly shimmer to top it off. I personally would use this pencil to highlight the inner corner of my eyes or to highlight my "aegyo-sal" area (as I used it in my Snowy Desserts Christmas makeup look!).





Snowy Dessert Pudding Tint
Pudding Tint [Link]
A soft pudding tint that melts lips with its sweet, soft embrace.
Directions : 1. Dispense a certain amount of tint with enclosed spoon tip.  
                    2. Place tint onto inner lips and apply onto lips with the back of spoon tip.
                    3. Gradate naturally towards outer lips.
My Review : The packaging of the tint is very cute~ It is packaged as though it is a takeaway pudding! What surprised me most of this tint was it's texture. It is quite "bouncy"& pudding-like when you feel it from it's little pot and it has a creamy texture when you spread it out. It has a scent which I thought was similar to grapefruit and hand soap. The tint is very pigmented - giving your lips a bright pinky-orange (I guess grapefruit?) colour. If you do use this tint, make sure your lips are well hydrated and clean before use. Do not use it if your lips are dry as it does emphasise cracks and dryness.






Snowy Dessert Ginger Cookie Blusher
Two-Toned Blusher [Link]
This is a two tone blusher with a warm and sweet baked ginger man that brightly flushes cheeks.
Directions : After applying a certain amount onto puff, gently dab onto cheek area that protrudes when smiling.
My Review : I personally found that this ginger cookie blusher had the cutest packaging out of the whole snowy dessert collection! How cute is it?! The cookie blusher is packaged into a cute oven!! (๑>ᴗ<๑)
From the colour of the blush I initially thought it could be used as shading colour as it looked very orange (nearly slightly brown) but it is definitely an orange blush. The lighter part of the blush is a sheer, peachy toned colour which has a little shimmer to it while the ginger man part of the blush is orange. I would recommend mixing the colours to create a nice flush on your cheeks - but if you are fair, be careful not to use too much!


I also received a trial kit of the new skin care line by Etude House - the Honey Cera Line.
The Honey Cera line focuses on firming & nourishing your skin. The skin care line contains Honey, Royal Jelly & Ceramide to make your skin like honey - full of nourishment!



Honey Cera 4 in 1 Kit
Honey Cera Toner, Emulsion, Priming Eye Serum & Nourishing & Elasticity Cream [Link]
This is a two tone blusher with a warm and sweet baked ginger man that brightly flushes cheeks.
First Impressions : The sample set is perfect to bring along if you're travelling to somewhere cold or just for travelling in general. My first impressions of the set is that it is very moisturising. The toner has a liquid texture, but is thicker than water. The toner, emulsion and eye serum are quite light while the cream is heavier in texture. I've only tried the kit for a few days now, and I personally find it to be quite moisturising and nice to use.

I hope you guys enjoyed reading my review of the products! Let me know if you've tried any for yourselves & how did you spend you christmas!


Don't forget to check out my makeup tutorial using the products in my previous post & on youtube~

I'm still very slowly working on my travel post! Importing photos & videos is taking ages...
See you in my next post!
xx Charmaine

22 comments:

  1. Ahhhh congratulations and metry christmas, charmaine!! Its awesome that you got chosen as pink box reviewer!! I envy you, how did you apply for it? I absolutely love their new collection!! As always they did a great job in designing the packagings hehe ♡ I love the ginger bread bronzer ><!♡

    Mindy ♡
    mymychen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you & Merry Christmas to you too Mindy!! ♡
      I can't actually remember tbh...I think I might have applied though their facebook ages ago? I just received an email from them on the day of my last exam saying how I was chosen as one of the new Pink Bird members :)
      yess!! the packaging is super cute with its dessert theme!
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  2. You're so lucky to be chosen as the pink box reviewer!! I love etude house since like forever! Hope you're having a great time!
    Merry Christmas and happy new year!
    I'm having a new year's giveaway, would you like to join? Visit my blog :)

    lovelots,
    Aiya

    aiyasuen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aiya!! Merry Christmas to you too!
      I'll be sure to check out your giveaway~ thx for the invite ^^
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  3. Congrats on being chosen! I've been eyeing those gingerbread blushers for such a long time now, they're so cute. Thanks for sharing and the review :)

    http://shijakibanida.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole!!
      I'm glad you enjoyed my review ⁽(◍˃̵͈̑ᴗ˂̵͈̑)
      btw, I had no idea you changed your blog url!!
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  4. Charrmyn, I am glad, that you were chosen as a pink bird, EH canceled previous Pink Birds suddenly and out of nowhere, I saw 3 new pink birds this month.
    Enjoy it and blog as much you can! I was lucky, too. Although, I am not pink bird, actually I won Cookie Blusher in event from EH, so I had nice Christmas present as well! :D

    Merry late X-mass and have a nice day ;)
    Nana~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww Thank you Nana!
      oh really?! do you know what happened?
      Hope you had a lovely Christmas ♡
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  5. *O* I just picked up one of their lip tints in #4 for myself! And congratulations!!! I would love to work with Etude House but *cries* haha! The ginger bread cookie blush is so adorable as well!
    Jessie @ bijou-heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohh! and how's the colour? ^^
      Thank you for reading Jessie!
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  6. It was also so hard for me to describe the lip tint's texture! It's certainly very unique and I can't get over it.

    I also love your flatlays! The products look so angelic haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!! but it's so weird how the tint came out differently for you!
      aww thank you Hao!! ahah it was an attempt to create a snow-like christmassy layout (⁄ ⁄^⁄ᗨ⁄^⁄ ⁄)
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  7. They're super cute, definitely!! I really want to try the pudding tint~~

    Mizuchan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do try it!! I think you'll be surprised at the texture~
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  8. Loved the video!! my fav was the ginger cookie blusher..I've already rubbed him off the paletter (sad face!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I'm super glad to hear that you loved my video ♡♡♡
      haha I'm dreading for when I'll eventually rub off the ginger man on my blusher!
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  9. so cute :) I love the packaging! Etude is such a cute brand

    Happy holidays!

    http://www.pinkoolaid.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe totally agreee!!
      hope you had a great christmas Angel~
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  10. These products look gorgeous and so exciting to try! Congratulations, your blog is so adorable! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (doing follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth! :)
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  11. So many cute products. I want.....(T.T).......Maybe one day.

    Payanie // Newly established K-beauty blog

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment!~
I read them all ヽ(* ≧ ω ≦)ノ