Thursday, 31 December 2015

Leavers 2015 - pt.I Hong Kong

Hello my dear readers!!

So as you guys know, I was MIA during December as I was traveling with some of my closest friends on leavers to Hong Kong & Singapore.

I guess the term "leavers" is more of an Australian idea, which is basically when "leavers" (aka. year 12 students) go with their friends to places after their final exams. Usually most people travel with their friends interstate, overseas, on road trips or (for those who live in W.A) "down south" to areas like Dunsborough or Margret River.



For our group of friends, we planned our leavers trip to go to Hong Kong & Singapore on the 1st December!
haha The planning it's self was a little stressful & we made sure that we had all agreed on everything & that our parents were alright with our plans, before buying our tickets & booking our accommodation super early.

I'll be mainly sharing photos rather than our stories with you guys - so be prepared for the photo post!
I think you guys will be able to recognise who my friends are, but just in case - I'll put names in the first few photos~

Day 1
We met up at the airport at around 3:30am to check in & catch our flight together. It was super exciting for all of us to be traveling together as we've never travelled with friends & without adult supervision before! 
We left Perth at around 6:40am & reached Hong Kong at 6:50pm. It was a whole day spent travelling!
In collaboration with Blippo

Photos from our Singapore stop-over. We ended up only having enough time to grab some lunch before we had to get ready for our next flight.
The cute little Peko Milky power bank honestly was such a life saver during my whole trip! Without it, my phone would have died around mid-day and my camera (aka. my life) wouldn't have lasted the day!


Day 2
We woke up early to pick up our tickets for the MAMA concert which was tonight then we headed out to the Arygle centre & Ladies market to do some shopping. I really regret not buying more!!!




MAMA was AMAZING!!!! I can't believe I managed to see so many k-pop idols live!!!
My friends and I went crazy & we cheered super loudly - but the people around us were....not as hyped? I'm not sure how to describe it...but I know for sure that my friends & I had an amazing time!






After the concert we rushed to catch the last train back to our apartment. Ryan was so sweet, he bought us a cake incase we were hungry when we got home from the concert. We didn't end up falling asleep until after 2am...

Day 3
Another day of shopping & exploring! 
I had less than 6 hours sleep - but the excitement of our day ahead of us was my fuel for energy.
First stop was at City Plaza - where I discovered Muji. omg I love everything about Muji! Their stationary, furniture, food etc.!! 
The shopping complex had some christmas decorations on display~




In collaboration with Earth Doll


I'm wearing the gorgeous Maddie Open Back Marble Slab Romper paired with a gray coat I got from Hong Kong. I absolutely loved this romper because it was super comfortable, the material was nice & it had a marble print! I got it from a Singapore based store called Earth Doll - they sell a lot of nice clothing at reasonable prices (most items are less than $20!).
Lately I've been loving marble print~ It's really pretty!
I've been looking for it on wrapping paper, notebooks & I also saw it as a shopping bag when I was in Singapore.


After shopping a little, we headed to find a Hello Kitty cafe. ♡
I am obsessed with Hello Kitty!!! I was super excited to visit the store!!



We ordered a few drinks & a cake to share. The place was (to be honest) over-priced - but it was a nice experience to visit the cafe & take lots of photos~
I got my hot-chocolate with a princess kitty!





Day 4
Disney Land!!!
yay!! I had never been to disney land before, but it was so much fun!!! ^^
















Most of the day was lots of fun, but there was this couple who had our mood slightly dampened...
This couple from India completely cut the que for one of the rides & feigned ignorance! They pretended that they were waiting for a non existant friend and just cut the que?! what the frekkin heck?!!?!
And these people were adults! They should know better and have the manners and decency to que up like everyone else. Bloody hell.

The fireworks at the end of the day were beautiful~

Day 6
Macau!! We headed to Macau but little did we know we picked the wrong day for Macau...
First we went to the Venetian Hotel and then we planned to visit the St. Peters Cathedral - but when we were about to head to the St. Peters Cathedral, all the roads in that area were closed!!! what?!!? haha so we sadly called it a day and headed home. 





Day 7
We traveled & walked quite far in the morning in attempts to try out this Hong Kong style breakfast...it turned out to be really bad & the lady even ripped us off!!
I ordered kaya n butter toast but instead I got condensed milk. Joyce had it worse..she ordered a pork chop bun - which ended up being a piece of plain toast...

We later headed for Lantau island!
The que just to buy tickets took us over 2 hours, but we bought tickets for the crystal cabin~
It was actually Hello Kitty themed when we were there!! (YASSS!!!)














haha even Tracy ended up using my power bank when we were at Lantau Island!


One thing that I've realised after my trip was that my instagram feed became a page where you needed sunglasses to view it! ... ahah I got a little carried away with the exposure settings....

Hong Kong

Part II will be up soon!

love, 
Charmaine

29 comments:

  1. The trip to Hong Kong looks do much fun!! I really want to go to the Hello Kitty cafe too *-* I really do miss Hong Kong ㅠㅠ I cant wait for the next part and also your letters haha ♡

    mymychen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was so much fun!! I think what really made the trip was that it was with my closest friends & we acted as such tourists (⁄ ⁄^⁄ᗨ⁄^⁄ ⁄)
      Thank you for reading Mindy <3
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  2. OMG the Hello Kitty part. I would love to take tons of picture there :P

    xx
    Oh Dear Bumblebees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe HELLO KITTY IS LIFE ♡♡♡ॢ₍⸍⸌̣ʷ̣̫⸍̣⸌₎
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  3. I am SOOOO JELLY that you got to go to MAMA! Omg, I would of died!!! It looks like you had a lot of fun! I love all your outfits, too cute >.< Have a great day ^_^

    Laila from Townhouse Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the best thing everrr!!!!! (especially when no k-pop idols come to Perth!!! ><)
      hehe thank you Laila (n˘v˘•)¬ ♡
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  4. You were so stylish on your trip! I love your clothes choice! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I aimed not to go out wearing my usual potato-sack like clothes ᵒ̴̶̷ꈊ˂̤ ♡
      Thx Nana!!! #goalreached ٩(˃̶͈̀௰˂̶͈́)و
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  5. Omg, I would have loved to travel with friends after high school. Looks like such an amazing trip, I'm glad you had fun. You look super cute in all your outfits!

    New Post & Giveaway: http://shijakibanida.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thank you Nicole! ∗˚(* ˃̤൬˂̤ *)˚∗
      haha most of the clothes I ended up wearing were what I bought during the trip ღゝ◡╹)ノ♡
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  6. looks like a super fun trip :) man I need a vacation! hahaha

    http://www.pinkoolaid.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (๑✧◡✧๑) Vacations are always fun!! especially when you spend them travelling ^^
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  7. Your trip looks so fun! I've always wanted to visit Hong Kong seeing as its so pretty and filled with AMAZING food! I can't wait to read pt2 of your trip <3
    Jessie @ bijou-heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Jessie!! yess!! especially the roast goose in Hong Kong is soo AMAZING!
      ♡( ૢ⁼̴̤̆ ꇴ ⁼̴̤̆ ૢ)~ෆ♡
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  8. Hello kitty part its sooooooooooooo amazing and lovely 😍😍😍

    http://arisabl0g.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thank you for reading sweetie!! <3
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  9. I never plan trip travelling with my friends yet! By looking your pics I love the moment of spending time with friends! Definitely the best!

    xoxo
    Sharon Lee
    www.snowman1314.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a new, interesting & fun experience!
      Thank you for reading Sharon <3
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  10. Amazing photos, i never been to hongkong but I love this country, it looks so peaceful. I definitely need to check it out!

    would you like to follow each other on GFC & G+? If you follow me,
    I will follow you back after it.
    www.tomntins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hong Kong is really nice! The place is busy & the streets are full of people.
      I think you'll have fun there~
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  11. OMGSH I love how you make your photos all pastel-ly and cute~
    And yes! vacay's away with the bestie are always the best!! I remember my trip to HongKong & Japan earlier last year with my bestie~ We grew closer as we spent more time with each other~
    Funny thing though, I'm from Australia, Sydney and I've never heard the term "Leavers" before!! I've always known it to be Schoolies!! Which part of Australia are you from?? Maybe it's the differing location which makes different terms for it??

    -lazypandah
    BLOG: ♥ lazypandah blog (✪㉨✪)♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAA THANK YOU SHERINA!
      I remember reading the Japan parts of your trip! They looked like you had lots of fun! :)
      Really?! I'm from Western Australia ^^ I've heard of "schoolies" before - but here we use the term Leavers more (๑•͈ᴗ•͈)
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  12. I've been seeing your IG posts, charmaineeeeeee and I LOOOOVE it. I'm not trying to be creepy or anything (LOL) but you've grown up so much in like 2 years!!! o_o;;; You look like you had a pretty good time girl!~
    Junniku blog! (What I got for Christmas)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I've been spamming instagram photos during my trip!!
      awww instead of being creeped out(lol) I'm actually touched (⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄)⁄
      thank you so much for reading my blog June!
      ♡♡♡ Charmaine

      Delete
  13. I still cannot over the fact that you went to MAMA!! You saw Exo aka my reason to live lol Your trip looks like so much fun! After graduating I will travel abroad as well! :) I cannot wait for Part 2!
    Jenny
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSS!!! HAHAH LOL JENNY!! I UNDERSTAND!!
      EXO ♡♡♡ but now I think I'm 100% more into BTS now!
      ohh! have any plans for where you'll travel too??
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  14. Oh my god YES LOVE SO JEALOUS OF YOUR TRIP (and I realise--you flew out the day I flew back to Canada from Korea! Haha)
    I'm clearly hanging out with the wrong squad because my friends and I have literally never traveled out of the country together :( (Boo, those whores)

    Anyways, yay Hong Kong! Yay MAMA! Yay Macau! I never got to go to Lantau Island when I was in HK, and judging from these photos, I'm obviously missing out! I do plan on going back to HK again though...AND DEFINITELY GOING BACK TO MACAU FOR THEIR STUPIDLY DELICIOUS PORTUGUESE EGG TARTS. Watching MAMA must've been so COOL THOUGH. When I was in Seoul, I saw a kpop performance on the street by a ~legit~ kpop group and it was pretty nice. (Was also a fan of watching the SBS?? KBS?? Music bank??? performances on tv at night too, haha)

    Those chelsea boots tho omg *-*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA AND I WAS TWITTER STALKING YOUR WHOLE TRIP VANESSA!!!
      omg if you go to Lantau, you will take the most beautiful photos!! The view there is just gorgeous! :)
      WHICH K-POP GROUP?! ∗˚(* ˃̤൬˂̤ *)˚∗ U SHOULD HAVE KIDNAPPED THEM (⁄ ⁄^⁄ᗨ⁄^⁄ ⁄)
      haha those boots were actually my friends! She let me borrow them because my feet were getting busted from wearing my boots 24/7 (◍˃̶ᗜ˂̶◍)ノ”
      xx Charmaine

      Delete

Leave me a comment!~
I read them all ヽ(* ≧ ω ≦)ノ