Wednesday, 13 January 2016

Etude House : Play 101 Stick + Contour Duo [Pink Bird Box] || Review

Hello!

So what have you guys been up to these days??
I took my camera to the repairs shop the other day and they wanted to see the problem for themselves...but of course my camera didn't act up in front of them (,,Ծ‸Ծ,, )...anyways it's ok! My warranty doesn't expire until next year. phew!


My grandpa actually lent me his camera in anticipation that I would be camera-less for about 8 weeks, but I guess I'll have to return it to him. HIS CAMERA IS SO GORGEOUS. ଘ(੭ˊ꒳ˋ)੭✧
- and to show you guys, the flat-lay photos are taken using his camera~



Upgraded Moistfull Collagen Cream
Cream [Link]
Small super collagen water particles in the moistfull cream always keep your skin hydrated and leave your skin feeling like jelly. While this cream is soft, its contact on your skin is firm and it hydrates your skin all day, leaving your skin healthy
Directions : 1. Apply appropriate amount of the cream onto face and smoothly massage from centre to outer.      2. Gently dab away the left over content of moisture to let skin absorb them perfectly.






Play 101 Stick #01 [Foundation]
Foundation [Link]
A long lasting, multi-function foundation stick that glides onto skin completing smooth and flawless-looking face with the soft and creamy texture.
Directions : Gently spread a certain amount onto skin by fingertips or a brush.
My Review : I was super excited to try out these play 101 sticks! I wasn't too sure what to expect from a solid stick foundation but it was beautifully creamy & it glided smoothly on my face. You don't need to use a lot of product - just apply it to the centre of your face and blend it out using the play 101 stick brush (gently pat using your fingers if you end up with brush lines). I found that the foundation also gave a nice coverage overall on my skin. 
I was super impressed with this product! I think its also perfect to bring along if your traveling as it is in a solid form.



Play 101 Stick #11
Multi-Functional Colour Stick [Link]
A multi-functional colour stick for eyes, cheeks & lips that creates colour impacts with a smooth & sheer finish.
Directions : Apply with fingertips where a colour is desired.
My Review : This had quite a medium-sheer bronze/golden tone - perfect for adding some colour & light shading for my face. I used this to lightly shade my face and to subtly emphasise the hollows of my cheeks but I wouldn't mind using this for my eyes (as eye shadow) as well. I prefer using the play 101 stick brush to blend out this product instead of using my fingertips.


Play 101 Stick #13
Multi-Functional Colour Stick [Link]
A multi-functional colour stick for eyes, cheeks & lips that creates colour impacts with a smooth & sheer finish.
Directions : Apply with fingertips where a colour is desired.
Directions : Gently spread a certain amount onto skin by fingertips or a brush.
My Review : A pink toned creamy colour with golden shimmers - I could even say that the colour is similar to rose-gold? It is a very gorgeous pink which is fairly sheer, so it adds a "natural" flush to your cheeks. I find that the gold shimmers in the colour also make your cheeks look like they have some highlight in it. I think that you could use this for both your eyes & cheeks, but it may be a little too sheer & shimmery to use on your lips alone.



Play 101 Stick Contour Duo
Contour Duo Stick [Link]
A creamy contour duo that creates a look of authentic dimensionality of face..
Directions : Apply the highlighting colour on your T-zone, cheekbones and the shading colour on the sides of your nose and below the jaw line.
My Review : If done nicely, the contour duo stick can help to emphasise your features with a natural feel. I found that I preferred to blend out the product using my fingertips as the areas which I used this contour duo stick were narrow/small areas. The slim stick makes it easier to draw out "lines" alone the sides of your nose and cheek bones with precision. It was fun to try out light contouring & I think I'll practise a little more of it!



Play 101 Stick Brush
Brush [Link]
An ideal foundation brush for flawless and smooth application of a stick foundation or multi colour sticks.
My Review : I found myself using this brush mainly to spread & blend out my foundation and to also blend out the no.11 stick (I used for shading). The brush is very soft & not too big. 


I had a lot of fun trying out these new Play 101 Sticks from Etude House. I find them to be quite useful, practical and versatile. What I really loved about these products was their creamy-ness & how they blended out really easily & smoothly. 
Also, I think that these Play 101 Sticks would be perfect to bring along with you if you're travelling as they are compact & are solid in form (they won't get messy!). ⁽(◍˃̵͈̑ᴗ˂̵͈̑) 

btw, if you haven't already! Check out my quick 5 minute makeup tutorial featuring these Etude House Play 101 Sticks :)



love,
Charmaine

25 comments:

  1. DAMNN they look so nice nd handy. imma gonna buy it haha. thanks for the review ^^

    A C Y H O Z - blog

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha they actually are pretty handy!! thanks for reading :)
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  2. That's such a cute video! Been enjoying the Play 101 stick as well. It's so handy and the formula must be good because it doesn't break me out. However I've never applied it to my lips because I'm afraid it can be drying (my lips are already dry T.T)

    xx
    Oh Dear Bumblebees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how it's really smooth to apply and easy to blend~
      haha I understand!! I always need to wear lip balm because my lips are always dry ><
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  3. I've never tried these before but definitely will have too since I love etude house products :) Great post!

    Lotte | www.lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try them out!! I'm sure that you'll enjoy them~
      Thank you for reading!
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  4. I've never tried these before but definitely will have too since I love etude house products :) Great post!

    Lotte | www.lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried Etude House's Play 101 Pencils before but never this! I will definitely be looking into these products to try :) They look great as on-the-go essentials

    www.sowendyso.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love the play 101 pencils I'm sure you'll love to use these~
      Their formula is creamy and yes! as you said - great as on-the-go essentials ٩(˃̶͈̀௰˂̶͈́)و
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  6. Etude <3
    So lovely review <3
    diariodelolivlet.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie <3
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  7. I haven't tried these before but I love the Play 101 concept from Etude House a lot!! :D I feel like you get prettier everytime you post selfies, Charmaine haha >.< ♥ Somehow, I can't watch your video because it says that it's not available in my country because it contains music from SME sighs T__T

    Also, I would like to invite you to join my giveaway ♥

    Mindy ♥
    mymychen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (⁄ ⁄^⁄ᗨ⁄^⁄ ⁄) omo you make me blush Mindy!!! ♡♡♡
      haha nooooo!!! but thank you for always reading! <3
      don't worry about it! I need to stop using random music in my videos ><
      I'll be sure to join ^^
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  8. Oh I would have to pick this up when I go back to Korea ! :)
    Thanks for the review gorgeous <3

    XOXO,
    HaeMin

    www.haekunamatata.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have lots of fun in Korea!!
      haha thank you for reading <3
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  9. As you know, I do love the foundation (: I'm seriously hoping that they come out with a slightly darker shade so that I can use it all year round though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha true!! sometimes I get a little dark and I just end up mixing foundations instead ><
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  10. That brush looks just too soft! I would use it for massaging my face whole days! From 101 sticks I like the most Contour duo, I love bright white, not every highlighter is actually highlighting as pale face as mine. =_=;; kkk

    Have a nice day!

    Nana~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brush is really lovely & soft :)
      (◍˃̶ᗜ˂̶◍)ノ” haha you're lucky to have nice fair skin!
      xx CHarmaine

      Delete
  11. foundation n duo shading play 101 seems so fun n easy to use.. i wanted to get it xD.. but d price lil abit pricey too..

    i love you flat lay n sharp pic btw..
    i want change my photo from crystal clear background into flat lay.. but i still learn to do it xD

    arisabl0g.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm.....maybe you could look around online shops and compare to find the best deal? :)
      aww thank you Arisa!! haha I end up standing in awkward positions just to make sure my shadow isn't in the photos o(≧∇≦o)
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  12. Love your site - very cute. Thanks for the review - super cute products!

    TIFFANYXOXO.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading Tiffany!
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  13. Thanks for doing this huge review!! Wow the camera makes amazing pictures!! I love the picture quality *^*
    The contour stick looks sooo good!
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know!!! but sadly I just returned my grandpa his camera already XD
      Thank you for reading <3
      xx Charmaine

      Delete

Leave me a comment!~
I read them all ヽ(* ≧ ω ≦)ノ