Saturday, 6 February 2016

Etude House : Big Cover Concealer Line & Monkey Wish Eyeshadow [Pink Bird Box] || Review

Hello my dear readers,

I know that I haven't been posting as frequently/consistently as usual - but I will be picking up my game and getting back to my blogging routine soon!

I guess lately I've been going though a few things - mentally/emotionally.
People come & go in your life, so I guess I'm still getting use to the whole feeling. A friend of mine ,who I thought was one of my special friends, suddenly changed and with that their attitude, personality and the way they treated me took a 360 degree turn.....I guess it just takes time to realise and accept the fact that some people change and no matter how hard I try to keep the friendship going - there comes to a point where no matter what I try to do - if that person isn't willing to also make an effort - nothing works & I just have to let go.
I guess now I've cleared up my mind & I've moved on with everything.

Ok! Enough for my silly emotions!
Let's get started with my latest review of products from Etude House! (◍˃̶ᗜ˂̶◍)ノ”




Watch the video for first impressions, reviews, swatches and a demo!
Don't forget to also like, comment & subscribe~


*image taken from google

*image taken from google


Big Cover Cushion Concealer #Peach Pink
Cushion Concealer [Link]
The cushion concealer includes a finger cushion puff to cover flaws naturally anytime and anywhere with customised correcting colour for complete, flawless skin. 
Directions : 1. Press the back park of the button 1-2 times. Apply the side of the finger cushion puff                           onto the desired area and rub it lightly along skin texture to promote absorption.
                    2. Use the front side of the finger cushion and tap lightly to blend, avoiding the lines.
My Review : Initially when I opened the product I clicked it only 2 times (as the instructions said) but nothing came out!! haha I realised that you might actually need to click it about 20 times for its initial use as there might be air in the product you need to get rid of. The finger cushion puff is very soft! For each application you only need to click the puff 2 times for an adequate amount. The #Peach Pink is suppose to help cover up dark circles and personally I thought it did do it's job to help to cover my dark circles a little (though not fully). In addition to concealing dark circles I found that the concealer had a bit of a brightening effect as though a comparison [in the video], you can see that the area on my skin which I applied the concealer is a little brighter and slightly dewy.

*image taken from Etude House

*image taken from google


Big Cover Concealer BB #Vanilla
BB Cream [Link]
This concealer BB cream covers flaws with its excellent coverage power and easy absorption - just a small amount delivers full coverage. 
Directions : 1. The wide tip flexibly moves around in any angle, from side to side, to cover         
                        completely and lightly even with a small amount of concealer BB for a light, full \
                        coverage look.
                    2. An arrowhead-shaped tip creates full coverage to hide delicate flaws and create a     
                        much more refined look. 

My Review : I had super high expectations for this BB cream as when I watched the promo ad on youtube, the models face was flawless and the cream looked natural on her.
I like how the product has a multi-touch tip, as it allows me to apply the concealer widely when using it for my whole face and accurately when applying it to specific areas that need to be concealed.
With one layer, the BB cream covered up most of my flaws and the redness around my nose was gone - however, my dark circles were still slightly visible & the line under my eyes still showed though. For a second layer I carefully "dotted" the product using the tip of the applicator and I was quite happy as my dark circles were gone & the line was less noticeable.
Personally I found the shade #Vanilla to be a little too white for me...as you can see in the video my hand looks so dark in comparison! [lol my sister took a screen-shot of the video just to remind me]
You don't need to use too much of the product as I find that it can easily look cakey - so use a little bit, blend it out as much as possible and then apply a little more to areas which may need special attention.


*image taken from Etude House


Look At My Eyes : Monkey Wish Eyes
#6 "Pay Day" #9 "Cheer Up" #10 "Exam Passed"
Eye Shadows
As 2016 is the year of the Money, the Monkey Wish Eyes include 10 colours in both jewel & velvet type. On each package, there is a "most want to hear message in new year" in Korean. 
My Review : The colours I received were #BE109 "입금됐다몽" Pay Day, #PK013 "응원한다몽" Cheer Up and #GR707 "합격했다몽" Exam Passed!
NOOOO!!! I was super sad to see that the pink eyeshadow #PK013 "Cheer Up" got cracked in the mail...anyways, the colour came out as a sheer pink with strong pink & gold glitters. I really love this colour, it's my favourite out of the 3 eyeshadows - so I need to save it soon with some alcohol.
#GR707 "Exam Passed!" surprised me! I was expecting a sort of a kaki green colour, but instead it came out as a beautiful soft brown base with a green shimmer. I like to use this colour at the base of my eyelid & at the outer corners to add depth to my eyes.
Last, but not least is #BE109 "Pay Day". I thought the colour would come out as a normal brown eyeshadow, but instead it was a rather sheer brown with a slightly metallic feel. I think it would be a great colour to use when doing natural makeup as the colour is light but pretty on the eyes.

Don't forget to check out the video for swatches & a demo of the products!

What type of post would you guys want to see next?
Let me know in the comment box below ♡
xx Charmaine

30 comments:

  1. It's so nice that you're a blogger for Etude House now!!
    I heard of their new line too and it looks interesting especially the concealer because I like that you have to press this little button hahah~ xD I wanted to try their new monkey wish eyeshadows too but couldn't decide on the color but I think Pay Day and the pink one look so pretty >.< ♥ I think the other pink color in this line looks so pretty too I think its called 'Youre too pretty' *-* Anyway, thank you so much for this review, Charmaine!! And your videos is great as always hehe~

    Mindy ♥
    http://mymychen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "You're too pretty" looks like such a pretty & girly colour ♡( ૢ⁼̴̤̆ ꇴ ⁼̴̤̆ ૢ)
      I'm really loving the concealers! They work beautifully & the cushion one has a nice brightening effect to it~
      Thank you fro always reading& watching Mindy ♡
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  2. What a lovely review!
    Look at my Eyes - Monkey Wish Eyes looks great. I love #10 Exam Passed's name :D ... But I feel sorry, that pink came broken :(
    Cheer up and get better soon! ♥

    Nana ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah yes!!! "exam passed!" - it's such a relieving thing to hear ⁽(◍˃̵͈̑ᴗ˂̵͈̑)
      I will!! Thank you Nana ♡
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  3. Ah! I've been eyeing their Big line for sometime now! I went to their English and Korean website and they didn't have translations for the different colored concealers omg. I sort of figured out what the functions were for each color though! I was going to buy the mint concealer but my friend in Korea said that the Etude House Big eye concealers are all pretty much the same colors :O Thank you for taking your time to do a video as well!
    Jessie @ bijou-heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Generally green is used to conceal redness, pink to cancel out darkness and purple neutralizes yellow skin :)
      Thank you for reading & watching Jessie!
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  4. I've been eyeing up this new collection for some time, I might take the plunge and try them out myself! The bb concealer sounds great! :)

    Sophie - eselle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try them out! I really love the bb concealer - though a little goes a long way for it (๑>ᴗ<๑)
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  5. I looooved the eyeshadows and the cushion concealer. I was a bit sad about the Concealer BB though since it didn't last that long on me. It also made me look pretty white/pale since the darkest color was too light for me still :( It has such high coverage though and so I'm trying to see if I can use it as an undereye concealer or something instead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yess!! the eyeshadows are so pretty <3
      I end up using the concealer bb as a normal concealer or I also mix it with my foundation~
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  6. 1. love base products 2. love korean products 3. love korean base products but always running the risk of them being waaaaay to fair. I hear ya sista. they gave you the lightest one too! Awesome reviews, I like how innovative all these products are with the clicky dispenser and multi touch tip. How is the lasting power? Btw, super pretty top ^^
    ~Weng wengiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *highfive!*
      It's so hard to stay really fair when you live in Australia with the sunny weather! XD
      I find that as long as I have a moisturized base, the concealer lasts me a whole day out (about 6hrs)
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  7. The monkey eyeshadows are way too cute with those little messages for the new year! I went a bit nuts in Etude House while I was in Korea, but now it looks like there I even more products I want to get my hands on... thanks for the detailed review ^-^

    www.emilymarysia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how they had the idea to have new years messages on the eyeshadows in addition to the Monkey for the new year! :D
      hahah I hope you had an amazing time in Korea Emily!
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  8. This line is probably one of the most interesting news from the korean make up word! I can't wait to try the big cover concealer bb, and the cushion concealer looks equally interesting! They seems so practical to use, one could get all the different shades, and use them for all the different part of the face, green for the red blemishes, orange under the eyes etc. and it won't make the face look cakey or anything *_*

    ---

    www.chocowip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so awesome how the cushion concealer comes in multiple colours all for different purposes! + because the cushion concealers are not drying - they won't make your face look caked at all ೕ(˃̵ᴗ˂̵ ๑)
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  9. I'm glad you were able to move on! I recently noticed I have some grudged I've been holding for waaay too long.. but can't just let go of them +_+ I really like this Etude House collection, especially the cushion concealer looks really nice for brightening! And the monkey designs are sooo cute. actually I'd buy everything just for the packaging lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah I totally understand you Olivia!!
      A lot of the korean products grab my attention just because of their packaging! (๑>ᴗ<๑)
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  10. The cushion concealers look so interesting... especially the one against dark circles! You said it had a dewy finish, so maybe this would go well together with all the dewy cushion foundations I love so much haha! *__*
    'Exam Passed' sounds like such a unique color! I have too many brownish-bronzey-pink eyeshadows, so green glitters? That would be an excuse to buy more! :D

    Evy
    www.evydraws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would go really well with dewy cushion foundations! ♡( ˃̶᷇ ‧̫ ˂̶᷆ )
      Thank you for reading Evy!!
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  11. Love the concealer and the monkey eyeshadows! It's just in time for the year of the monkey haha :)

    TayDyBearWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes!! all in time for the new year! :)
      Thank you for reading~
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. It is so pretty & lovely isn't it ^^
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  13. Always stay true to yourself because few people will stay true to you. So happy that you are able to move on, and I'm sure you've become a better person by cutting out the negatives in your life. The concealers look like they work amazingly!

    http://shijakibanida.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ♡♡♡ Thank you for the advice Nicole (灬ºωº灬)♡
      I will be sure to keep it all in mind~
      The concealers are very nice! I really like the cushion concealer :)
      xx Charmaine

      Delete
  14. (So I had this comment sitting in the comment box for like, weeks. FAIL, VANESSA)
    (You cut that bitch from your life ok)(jks but I'm quite fortunate that my close friends have stayed my close friends....so far. Stay strong, Charmaine!)
    I'm actually surprised that the packaging for the concealer and BB cream isn't...cuter? LOL, come on Etude House! TBH I never cared much for colour correcting concealers. I actually got a few from a PR event last week and I'm like, what doOoOooo?? And seriously, cushion concealer??? Really??? /ReALLy???/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This fashion blog is indeed good for getting the fashion information about top cosmetic brands in India. Even I have some awesome collection at Majorbrands.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Charmaine- can you use the big cover concealer to cover age spots? I use MAC NC20concealer or Bare minerals light under my tinted moisturizer but am finding it's not quite enough and if I layer more on it looks too caked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also meant to ask which shade you would recommend to match NC 20?

      Delete

Leave me a comment!~
I read them all ヽ(* ≧ ω ≦)ノ